You will no longer receive e-mail notifications from this forum.
Log-In to post
Tomorrow, we are kicking off a new daily content feature in Social Media.
We can show your Social Media presence with other Toad users tomorrow using the hashtag, #ToadTuesday
This is the tweet that will start the hashtag trending:
Hashtag game! Tweet out how long Toad has been a part of your life! Tag w/ #ToadTuesday
You could be featured on next blog!
Do you have a quick support question and short of time? Contact us Via Twitter @QuestExperts and we will take care of you. #Jointheinnovation #WeareQuest
The better a problem is described, the better the assistance tends to be.
In order to better assist with your issue at hand, please include the following information in your initial post:
- Product, Version, and relevant environment details.
- Include a screenshot of the problem
- Describe the problem fully. What result was expected?
- Can the issue be created on demand or is it intermittent?
- If the problem can be generated faithfully, what are the exact steps to recreate the problem?
- Any other pertinent information
How to create Support Bundles
The support bundle window provides information about several aspects of your SQL Server and Toad setups.
To create a support bundle, select Help | Support Bundle, in Toad’s menu bar. This will generate a report that you can include in your post. It may also generate an e-mail that contains the same report, along with your settings files and log files.
*Note: Please refrain from including private data in your posts. Be as thorough as you can with the provided info. We will reply to you as quick as possible. We are glad to assist you.
Latest Release Information:
This announcement includes information on our latest releases, links to our downloads and documentation and overview of new features. This way you can stay as informed as possible:
"What’s New" Section:https://documents.software.dell.com/toad-for-sql-server/6.7/release-notes/release-notes/new-features
Link to Download & Documentation:https://support.software.dell.com/toad-for-sql-server/6.7
Link to Trial:https://software.dell.com/products/toad-for-sql-server/software-downloads.aspx
Link to the release notes:http://documents.software.dell.com/toad-for-oracle/12.9/release-notes/
Top 5 Knowledge Base Articles:
Here you can find what knowledge articles are trending.
These are this month’s Top Knowledge Base Articles:
1. What's New in Toad for SQL Server 6.7? (198975)https://support.software.dell.com/toad-for-sql-server/kb/198975
2.The license key and site message do not work with version 6.7 (205008)https://support.software.dell.com/toad-for-sql-server/kb/205008
3. Debug Error "The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_enable_sql_debug', database ' (66187)https://support.software.dell.com/toad-for-sql-server/kb/66187
4. Is it possible to increase the connection timeout setting in Toad (28042)https://support.software.dell.com/toad-for-sql-server/kb/28042
5. How to read SQL Server transaction logs in Toad for SQL Server? (85266)https://support.software.dell.com/toad-for-sql-server/kb/85266
Feel free to browse them. Remember to sign in to get the entire information available for our Register users.
I'm using Toad Import wizard to load a csv file into a Sql server table. When I do smaller loads it works fine and it has always worked fine, but this time my file is large. I imported the file and the wizard said 1.9M rows have been loaded but when I look at the table it has only 1.3M rows. There are no errors on the log file, there are no triggers on the table, no space issues, nor any transformations that I'm applying during the load. Any reason or thoughts on why this difference in numbers between what toad tells me its loaded versus the actual number in the table?
Thank you in advance!
Is there any way to stop Toad checking the version of a SQL file, with the version that you have open within the editor? I've looked, but I can't find any setting that would do this for me. (Toad for SQL Server 6.7).
I am saving sql files from Toad into Microsoft OneDrive. One of the consequences of this (it's a known issue with OneDrive) is that every time OneDrive automatically syncs files, Toad believes that the file has been externally modified by another application/user. So the next time it checks you receive a "File Modified" popup warning;
[Your File.sql] has been modified on disk. Do you want to reload the file?
Of course, if you respond Yes to this, you revert back to the file exactly as it was when you last saved it, and you lose all edits since then. So it's an annoying, constant nag that you have to keep replying No to.
The frustrating thing about this is that the file hasn't been modified by OneDrive at all. It is exactly the same, with the timestamp untouched. But something it's doing when syncing to the OneDrive cloud convinces Toad that the file has changed.
Hi I have three SQL 2008 R2 Servers each being monitored with Spotlight Enterprise 11.7.1 and I am seeing this error only on one of the servers and I was wondering if this was a bug or if there was something not configured correctly?
The popup box has the following Collection by Fragmentation Index Failed: The SQL query has been executing for longer than it's timeout limit but has not timed out. It maybe hung. No alarms currently raised.
When I go into the database and select the fragmented indexes this is the error I receive:
Fragmented IndexesComponent: Fragmented IndexesThe following error occurred while collecting dataThe SQL query has been executing for longer than its timeout limit but has not timed out. It may be hung. [Error Code: 13].Table: Fragmentation by IndexOccurred: 5/4/2017 10:22:30 AM
I appreciate any help or direction as I am new to Spotlight and I have walked through all 3 servers and all are configured the same for Spotlight.
The database compare crashes when using SQL Server 2016. It crashes with a stack trace and the message starts with: Problem with load Permissions
I have the lastest beta of 6.8 and this is still not fixed. Will it be fixed in the next beta version?
I am using Toad 220.127.116.11
Steps to reproduce:
1. I have an editor open with a script where one of the statements is: drop table schema.TableName. I highlighted schema.TableName and I pressed Shift+F4. Toad opened the table details on another tab - I set it that way.
2. I went to the table details Data tab, I enabled the editing in the table and I selected the only row in the table. I clicked on the varbinary(max) field and Toad displayed a dropdown with several tabs: Image, Hex, Ascii, Utf-16, Utf8 and Pdf. The Image and Pdf tabs are disabled.
3. With the Hex tab selected I clicked on the Open button (with the yellow icon), I selected a sql file, the open file dialog disappeared, then I clicked the button with the green check mark. The dropdown disappeared. I clicked the check mark icon in the grid bottom toolbar to save the row.
4. In a different editor tab, I ran a query select * from schema.TableName where varbinaryMaxField is null and it returned the row I selected. This confirmed that toad didn't load the file and it didn't save anything in the varbinary(max) field.
Could you please fix this issue, in case it hasn't already been fixed?
It has been a while since the last one was released...
Could anyone out there help me? How to open .mdf format file without SQL Server?
I attach a screenshot for details :
As you can see I execute a simple - select count (*) from TABLE_NAME.
The results show me the row counts equal to 6932.
If you see in the object Explorer, same table, row counts is equal to 6695.
What's the real value of row counts ?
From my point of view the first, 6932, but this is very strange or I never set correctly some parameters.
I stay tune for your consideration.
I'm looking at TOAD for SQL Server as a replacement for SSMS, but it appears as thought there is some functionality missing in TSS. Specifically the commands and management options for supporting and administrating my AlwaysOn cluster in SQL 2012? Is this true or am I missing it from somewhere or do I have to turn it on some how?
I'm currently using TOAD for SQL Server 6.6 Xpert edition. Any info would be helpful.
Last version of TOAD SS 6.0 .
See my JPG in attach for details. I select storage management and as you can see there are some DB of size to 0 B.
This isn't true.
All these DB's have a size of some M bytes.
I use SQL Server 20120 with service pack 1 Developer Edition and Microsoft Windows 8 prof. at 64 bits.
Toad for SQL Server 18.104.22.1683.
Today I try to generate random datas for my table.
Table is a simple table.
This is the script :
CREATE TABLE dbo.Price ( ProductID INT PRIMARY KEY, LastUpdate DATE NOT NULL, Price SMALLMONEY NULL, Qty INT)
I open TOOLS - DATA GENERATOR, connect my DB and table and I try to pump/generate datas in it.
I obtain a lot of errors on field - PRICE - . Type of it is : Overflow of value.
As you can see price field is of type smallmoney and your tool set maximum and minimum range of data correctly, minimum : -214748.3648 and mximum : 214748.3647.
But if you analize the value in the bottom of the window - preview of generated data first 1000 rows - you can see for example, line 4 : 46235357, line 8 : 804436644, etc,etc,.. is not in the range and this generate the problem.
Values generated is 1000 and if I analyze the data I fond a lot of errors.
The same problem is present in the last BETA Toad for SQL Server Beta 22.214.171.124.
Can you correct this problem please ?
Last official release of TOAD 126.96.36.199.
I connect to my SQL Server 2012 with service pack 3 developer edition.
I try to debug a stored procedure that contains UDT.
I obtain a GPF.
See my scrennshot in attach for details :
I stay tune from your consideration,
I have this problem since the last version of the software. When I use "Schema Compare" and generated the script I get the following error on execution:
SQL Server Database Error: 'CREATE/ALTER PROCEDURE' debe ser la primera instrucción en un lote de consultas.
The first lines of script generated are:
/* Script created at 20/06/2016 9:15. Please back up your database before running this script.
Source server: XXXXXXXXX Source database: XXXXXXXXX
Target server: XXXXXXXXXX Target database: XXXXXXXXX*/
SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT, IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS OFFSET ANSI_PADDING, ANSI_NULLS, QUOTED_IDENTIFIER, ANSI_WARNINGS, CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL, ARITHABORT, XACT_ABORT ONSET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLEGO
SET ANSI_NULLS ONSET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[VI_MENSAJE_SIMPLE_ENV_SEL](-- PARAMETROS DEL PROCEDIMIENTO
@idMensaje int = null,
Could you help me? Thanks in advance.
Is it possible in toad-for-sql-serverto display results from more than one query one below the other when multiple queries are selected and run. SQL Server Mgmt Studio does this and this makes for easy comparison between results from two different queries/tables. In toad-for-sql-server I can tab between multiple result sets but only view one result set at a time. Or I can have results from multiple queries in the same result set and get a sort of index column at the left which tells me the no. of rows returned from each query and I can then choose one of them to see in the result set. Either way I cannot view more than one result set or multiple results in a result set at the same time. This is insanely useful when successively building more complex queries.
These have been old issues, I never reported them, but today somehow it seems more annoying than usual.
1. I navigated to Options->Editor Formatter->Custom tab.
2. Issue #1. Expanding nodes does not refresh the tree (I am using windows 2008 r2). To get the node refreshed I have to click again on the tree node and then its child nodes appear.
3. Issue #2. There is no scrollbar in the formatter options tree. The Options dialog itself is not resizeable. If I expand too many nodes I cannot really get to the bottom nodes.
4. Issue #3. The keyboard up/down keys don't work on the formatter options tree. I have to use the mouse to navigate to the option I want.
5. Issue #4. I click on the formatter options tree (the mouse cursor is above the tree). When I try to use the mouse wheel it scrolls the editor behind the Options dialog and not the formatter options tree.
Please fix these issues.
Please help me to solve my problem. Is there a way to fix SQL Server database error message: Database consistency errors reported by DBCC CHECKB
Any help you anyone can provide would be great