Hi,Some of my complex queries seems to put TEE in trouble when displaying the result set.the problem only occurs on complex queries, and running multiple time the same query on the same data return different amount of records and the data are inconsistentexample of a select:SELECT ilabl.labl_nsq ilabl_labl_nsq , ilang.lang_nsq ilang_lang_nsq , ilang.lang_cod ilang_lang_cod , ilang.labl_nsq ilang_labl_nsq , iltxt.labl_nsq iltxt_labl_nsq , iltxt.lang_nsq iltxt_lang_nsq , iltxt.ltxt iltxt_ltxt , iltxt.* FROM t_labels ilabl FULL OUTER JOIN t_langs ilang ON (1 = 1) LEFT OUTER JOIN v_all_eamr_labels iltxt ON (ilabl.labl_nsq = iltxt.labl_nsq AND ilang.lang_nsq = iltxt.lang_nsq AND eamr_nsq = :i_eamr_nsq)ORDER BY ilabl.labl_nsq, ilang.lang_nsqwith the view v_all_eamr_labels beingCREATE OR REPLACE VIEW v_all_eamr_labels AS SELECT labl_nsq , lang_nsq , eamr_nsq , NVL (ltxt_nsq_eam, ltxt_nsq_def) ltxt , (SELECT ltxt_txt FROM t_label_texts WHERE ltxt_nsq = NVL (ltxt_nsq_eam, ltxt_nsq_def)) ltxt_txt , CASE WHEN ltxt_nsq_eam IS NOT NULL THEN 'Y' WHEN ltxt_nsq_def IS NOT NULL THEN 'N' ELSE NULL END eamr_specific FROM (SELECT labl.labl_nsq , lang.lang_nsq , eamr.eamr_nsq , (SELECT ltxt_nsq FROM t_label_texts ltxt WHERE ltxt.eamr_nsq = eamr.eamr_nsq AND ltxt.labl_nsq = labl.labl_nsq AND ltxt.lang_nsq = lang.lang_nsq) ltxt_nsq_eam , (SELECT ltxt_nsq FROM t_label_texts ltxt WHERE ltxt.eamr_nsq IS NULL AND ltxt.labl_nsq = labl.labl_nsq AND ltxt.lang_nsq = lang.lang_nsq) ltxt_nsq_def FROM t_labels labl, t_eamrs eamr, t_langs lang);
see the errors in red in the screen shots.This caused a lot of time lost because prior to duplicate the iltxt element I was thinking that the query was wrong, while in fact, in SQL+ or other tools, the result is correct.Regards,Yoann.
Eclipse version: 4.2.2 Build M20130204-1200Tee version : 18.104.22.168310070822
Hi Yoann,is your issue still persisting in version 1.6.0, please?Tomas
Hi Tomas,one of my last fixed bug had the same description. I think the reason for this bug is a thread synchronisation problem when reading resultset (thread 1) an display the values in the table (thread 2).
Yes, a race condition bug would also explain its randomness and occurence only on some pc's. I created CR-416.Tomas
I have the same imvalid results in version 1.6.3...My system is Oracle 10.2.0.4 and toad is running on Ubuntu 12.4 x64 with Eclipse 3.7I did not notice such behavior with version 1.6.2 but I had performance problems with editor.Gkarant.
Thank you for information. This issue seems to be tricky, there is a change request for this, we will revise itTomas
I confirm. I just had the problem again.This is really annoying, because it's not always obvious that the problem is due to the bug... it make loose time.I can tel you that the problem is not related to the time eclipse is in use, nor the fact a lot of memory is used by eclipse.I tried restarting eclipse, ran my query, and had the problem at the fifth launch, 49M of used Heap before running the query, 54M after one run, 68 after three run and GC ran automatically. results limited to 255 rows.I've tried with and without CLOB column, same result.The size or complexity of the query does not seems to have an impact BUT the problem is not always there.I can have a query where the result gets invalid and the values of the records changing at every run, and at the same time have another query running correctly! I currently have the case where I have two different queries one after the other, running the first one gives problem, the second one does not seems to return invalid result even being run tens of time.The only difference is that the query having the problem use a view, but eclipse should not care about it...edit even without the view, the problem exists :-(/editI keep the two queries in case it can help you.
Message was edited by: Yoann
Thank you guys, we will dig into this problem, with priority. It seemed to be solved, but reappeared.Tomas
Hi Yoann and others,this issue (TEE-416) will be fixed in release 1.6.4. But it's a tricky issue and a case when we are not 100% sure. Please, give us feedback whether your queries work correctly.Thank you all, Tomas
Hi,I just installed the new version and run some tests with the queries that where causing problems, and they currently doesn't seems to be problematic, at least not yet. I hope it will stay like this, I'll report again after a few days of working.Thanks a lot,Yoann.