UPGRADE (v4.0)TRIAL (v4.0)
Toad Intelligence Central
FREE Toad Data Point Viewer
Toad Data Point v4.0 is now available. Learn what's new in this release
What's better than data sharing, SQL sharing and workflow sharing? Getting it for FREE.Find out how you could get a FREE perpetual TOAD INTELLIGENCE CENTRAL ... $5000 value. Offer valid only until September 30th.
Toad™ Data Point is a multi-platform database query tool that’s built for anyone who needs to access data from multiple sources, quickly integrate and prepare it all, and produce datasets and reports for analysis. It dramatically simplifies data access, writing SQL queries and data preparation – all from a single tool and without needing to be a SQL expert. With Toad, you can:
Use these links below to learn more about the most popular Toad Data Point topics!
We’re seeing many organizations move toward agile methodologies. But with the transition from manual change-and-release management to an automated approach of continuous integration comes new challenges ...
Are you struggling to manage an increasingly complex database environment? If so, you’re not alone. Research shows that data growth is doubling every 18 months. And it’s not...
The better a problem is described, the better the assistance tends to be.
In order to better assist with your issue at hand, please include the following information in your initial post:
- Product, Version, and relevant environment details.
- Include a screenshot of the problem
- Describe the problem fully. What result was expected?
- Can the issue be created on demand or is it intermittent?
- If the problem can be generated faithfully, what are the exact steps to recreate the problem?
- Any other pertinent information (see below)
Create Support Bundles
You can create a support bundle and send it to Dell Support or to the Toad Data Point community Web site (peer-to-peer support). The support bundle provides information (about your application and the database) that is used to help troubleshoot problems.
Select Help | Support Bundle. It may take time for Toad to generate the support bundle depending on your system configuration.The file name of the generated support bundle is ToadSupportBundleToad Data Point.zip.
Create Support Bundle for a SQL Query Issue
If your issue is a SQL query or cross-connection query issue, it is helpful if additional log files are included in the support bundle. These log files are automatically included if you generate a support bundle immediately after executing the query in either the Editor or Query Builder.
Use the following procedure to ensure that the SQL log files are generated and included in the support bundle. These additional log files (proxy.log located in the DataHubSupportBundle.zip and SQLAnalyze.log) are important to assist Support in troubleshooting the issue.
For issues related to SQL or cross-connection query optimization, use the following procedure as well. These logs are also helpful for optimization issues.
To create a support bundle for a SQL query or cross-connection query issue
In the Editor or Query Builder, reproduce the error or issue.
After reproducing the error, immediately select Help | Support Bundle to generate a support bundle.
Toad asks if you want to log the row count for each table used in the query. If you select Yes, Toad determines the size of each table used in the query. This adds additional time to the generation process, but also provides additional information about your issue.
When Toad is finished generating the support bundle, attach it.
Note: For best results, always send the entire support bundle.
*Note: Please refrain from including private data in your posts
Be as thorough as you can with the provided info. We will reply to you as quick as possible.
We are glad to assist you.
Latest Release Information:
This announcement includes information on our latest releases, links to our downloads and documentation and overview of new features. This way you can stay as informed as possible:
- What’s New Section (why they would want to pay attention to this new version)
- Link to Download & Documentation
- Link to Trial
- Overview of new feature(s) (with link to the release notes)
Top 5 Knowledge Base Articles:
On this post, you can find our top trending knowledge articles that other customers are inquiring about and popular solutions.
This month’s Top Knowledge Base Articles
1. This month’s Top Knowledge Base ArticlesVideo - Making Effective Use of Data with Toad Data Point (195645)
2. Common Oracle connection problems (7712)
3. Error, "ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred" when connecting to Oracle (105610)
4. Error connecting to database after installing on Windows 64-Bit OS: "ORA-12154" (12495)
5. "ERROR  [IBM] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected." when connecting to DB2 (47041)
Feel free to browse them. Remember to sign in to your account to view.
Toad Data Point 3.8Windows Server 2008 R2 StandardExcel 2016
I have seen similar postings of this issue but can't seem to resolve it. With the recent MS Office upgrade, data in all XLSM files are no longer updated since the macro does not execute.
While observing the process, I noticed the file exported was a different a size, then it quickly "rolls-back" to the size of "pre-macro".
I've also interrupted the process; as soon as the file is exported (before it was finalized), I intentionally opened the file and the data is accurate (the macro had run). I then received an error notification from Toad (as intended) since the process could not be completed.
The Export seems execute the macro, but then disables it before finalizing? It works fine running the job directly from Toad, but not from the Task Scheduler.
Toad Data Point 3.8 -- .TAS
1. ODBC Driver: Oracle in OraClient11g_home1 (64 bit)
2. Export Category: Query; Output Format: Excel; Excel file: .xlsm; Worksheet name: (Clear worksheet data before exporting); Existing File: Add Date/Time Suffix to filename
3. Execute macro: After export (I've tried different combinations)
4. Export objects list: Export query to ExcelFile
1. Macro Settings:
a) Enable all macros
b) Trust access to the VBA project object model
1. Configure for: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (I've selected "Windows Server 2008" - no difference)
2. Run with highest privileges
In addition (this occurs sporadically), when I open an existing TAS file, a new Database Activities (i.e. Database Connection), or File Activities (i.e. Delete File), or System Activities (i.e. Pause) is added mysteriously towards the bottom. Nothing in the Error Log to explain the reason for this...
Any suggestions? I greatly appreciate the help!
I am using Toad Data Point 3.8.
Is there a way to generate test data with this program?