You will no longer receive e-mail notifications from this forum.
Log-In to post
These people make Toad Data Modeler Beta Program great and have the most points for this month!
Let me announce another Beta release - Toad Data Modeler BETA 188.8.131.52.
This Beta brings the following enhancements:
Toad Data Modeler BETA expires on 12 July 2014.
Vladka + TDM Team
Not sure if this is the right way to post some bugs found in the Beta version (or potentially exist in the current one), please let me know if I'm missusing this forum:
* On changing foreign key to not-null in entity properties, it should reflect in the relationship as ‘parent mandatory’, and vice versa. It works only if you set parent mandatory and gets reflected as not null, but all other permutations of change doesn’t work i.e. setting it not null doesn’t reflect as parent not mandatory ..etc.
Anytime I am trying create a new model or to open an existing one, I get an error message: Access violation at address 012D7322 in module 'TDM.exe'. Read of address 0000000C. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bits, TDM 184.108.40.206 on a permanent licencse. So far, the software is useless, there is nothing I can do with it, please help!
I'm pleased to announce new release of Toad Data Modeler BETA 5.2.3!
Except for a couple of bug fixes, this BETA release brings lots of improvements and changes in GUI. I'm sure you already noticed some of them in previous Beta, e.g. new lines... Nevertheless, let me announce them officialy and point your attention to them. Here's a brief list of enhancements:* Export, Import Microsoft Excel - Export/Import feature is available for active data model and the resulting XLSX file includes individual worksheets for Entities, Attributes, Relationships and Data Types for the model. There, you can add comments and notes and modify or specify other properties. The modified Excel file can be imported back to Toad Data Modeler.
To export your model:Select File | Export | Export to Excel…
To import the data back to Toad Data Modeler:Select File | Import | Import from Excel…
* New Relationship Lines Management SystemLines are right-angled only. You can move them and their parts as you need (vertically and horizontally). Anchor points are no longer fixed on entity boxes but you can alter them as you need (column to column alignment is possible now). You can add handle points (press CTRL) and this way you can select parts of line you need to delete or move.
* Snap to Objects - automatic align among objects on the workspace.When you move an object on the workspace (e.g. entity or relationship line), a light blue line will display and you will be able to align the object to other objects in ERD easily.The Snap to Objects option is on by default - see the new icon on the toolbar or Settings | Options | Graphics. There, you can turn this function off. To turn it off for a particular moment while working in your ERD, press and hold ALT Key.
* Import and Export Settings defined in the Options dialog - This option allows you to import/export the settings (particularly helpful for already defined paths) e.g. for side by side installation of TDM or to/from TDM on another PC. Also, you can restore the default settings easily. See the new buttons in the Options dialog.
* Possibility to hide Not Null and Key Marks (Object Format dialog | Entity tab) * Go to Parent, Go to Child right-click options for relationships* Button Add Workspace beside Tabs* Possibility to close X every workspaceetc.
So, do not hesitate to explore and test these new great features. We can't wait for your feedback and other suggestions (even those that might appear to be unimportant or little).Happy modeling with TDM! :)
Vladka and TDM Team
Currently an order of the object's generation for Postgresql is incorrect. I work with Postgresql 9.2 but the same issue will exist for other versions. The roles are generated almost at the end of the script, but schema is generated at the very beginning. The problem is that schema may require an authorization associated with the role like
CREATE SCHEMA "test_schema" AUTHORIZATION "test_application_admin"
This statement will fail because role "test_application_admin" wasn't yet created. I suggest to create roles first, but to leave a section that grants permissions to the roles at the end of the DDL script.
The second problem is that script tries to create without pre-existence check even standard and pre-defined schemas and roles like
CREATE SCHEMA "public" AUTHORIZATION "postgres";
CREATE SCHEMA "pg_catalog";
CREATE ROLE "postgres" LOGIN;
These statements will just generate error messages.
I tried installing the TBM Beta and it asked for a License.
How do I acquire the license?
I would love to be able to auto-label the relationship lines with the parent column and/or child column name. As far as I know, the only way to do this is programmatically / via a macro, correct?
I'm not sure it is feature or bug. I consider it as bug because it's makes very annoying to find out all such issues.
So, the scenario to reproduce is as follows:
1. add field to table
2. create index based on this field
3. remove the field from table.
Generate SQL script: you will get incomplete index creation definition which ends up with error during deployment.
IMO such index should be also removed. It might be supported by additional request "are you sure".
AFAIK, the same issue will appear in regard to foreign keys or relation between trigger and trigger function. (you can remove trigger function and left trigger non functional.
BTW: I know I can test structure before rendering model to SQL. In that case I spend a lot of time to find "Verification Log" (I was looking for files). Finally I figured out it is a subwindow of TDM app, however the window has been moved down to lower edge of app window makes impossible to notice it. IMO it should popup after verification showing verification results
Found in latest beta (220.127.116.11)
What is going on with the versions? I haven't played with a beta version in a while. It looks like you started this year at 4.4, but now you're up to 5.0. 4.3 appears to still be the latest release, so what hapened to 4.4?
I am trying to merge two large data models and I am getting an Out of Memory Error. I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit) and TDM 4.3.3 It works on my medium sized models but not the large models. I have 8GB of memory and it never gets about 4GB used. I tried to download the beta but getting a HTTP 404 error on the beta page. Thanks in advance,