7/29/2011 3:17 PM
If you develop your Java solutions in Eclipse, you certainly know that your Java project can have various "natures" that extend standard Eclipse or Java project features.
Today you will find out what Toad Extension Nature offers and how to add this nature to your Java project.
Why should you add Toad Extension Nature to your project?
List of key benefits:
1. You can specify default connection to your Oracle database
2. You can connect to your default database from Java project etc.
3. New files (*.fnc, *.prc) for database objects (function, stored procedure) can be created easily
4. Syntax check errors can be recognized in your project
5. Object status can be recognized in your project
6. Deployment features are available
7. SQL files can be updated from database Screenshot above shows option Update from Database.
How to add Toad Extension Nature to your project
Right click your project name and choose Add Toad Extension Nature
or connect to your database in Toad Extension Perspective, add Schema Browser View to Java Perspective
and use drag and drop technique to create new file for dragged object. SQL folder will appear in your project automatically.
This folder is similar to SRC folder that exists in your Java project. As you may suppose, files in SQL folder will contain code
for your database objects. Each object should be represented by one file.
Toad Extension for Eclipse freeware can be found at http://www.toadextensions.com